A few days ago, I was walking back from my Anatomy and Physiology class and I saw these two geese squawking and waddling around together. And I was just talking to God about how I was thankful for them because they always make me smile, and then a thought struck me.
I wonder if when God was creating the world, and all of his animals, He saw these moments of joy that these little geese would bring to His daughter.
What a wonderful thought! What an amazing concept to ponder! It may not seem very profound, but the thought just resonated with a sentence from Ephesians 1:4. "Even before He laid the foundations of the earth, He chose us...." Even before He made any of his creation he knew us, he knew me, he knew you. And he knew how his prized possessions (James 1:18) would be able to see his signature all over everything else that He has made.

There are so many things within God's creation that will randomly just bring a smile to my face, joy to my heart, and thankfulness and praise into my soul. A full moon, a shooting star, a lush green forest, a silly animal, a child's unrestrained laughter, a friend's voice of praise to Jesus: all beautiful creations, all things that remind me of the love of my God. And I wonder if when God was choosing what he wanted to create, He saw each of these moments in which me and all of his other children were amazed and in awe and praising Him for his creation. I wonder if He saw the long term effect of the things that He was making and was glad to be making it, and that is one more reason why He said "It is good."
I never want to be a person who so easily passes by the beauty of the creation of my Jesus without slowing down to just appreciate it. What are those beautiful things that bring you joy? How does God speak to you through his love notes that He places throughout your day just for you? Do you see his writing to you through people, through nature, through an animal? All of the above? He is always giving us reminders of his love, we just need to be watching:)
No comments:
Post a Comment